How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joseph Your Own Question
Joseph, Lawyer
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 5299
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Joseph is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife is on H1 and she wants to move to dependent VISA (H4),

This answer was rated:

My wife is on H1 and she wants to move to dependent VISA (H4), I would be applying for her H4 through my employer. Does she need to go back to home country and get it stamped or can continue in US itself without stamping the VISA.

She doesn't need to go back to her home country to get her visa stamped or to change her status from H! to H$.

She only needs to file form I-539 application to change nonimmigration status, which is available online here:

Hope the above information is helpful.

Please let me know if you have any follow up or additional questions.

Thanks and best of luck!

Joseph and other California Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you