How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joseph Your Own Question
Joseph, Lawyer
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 5299
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Joseph is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How to get a Colorado drivers license where you have a Missouri

This answer was rated:

How to get a Colorado drivers license where you have a Missouri 10 yr suspension
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

It is not possible to get a driver's license in another state if your license is suspended in another state. You would need to clear up the suspension in Missouri before you could apply for a license in Colorado (assuming that Colorado has an active record and would find you by doing a backwards search for your license).
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

how do you clear it up in missour?

Hello Jerry,

I'm not sure what the license is suspended for, but that may not even be possible. If it's a long term suspension for a criminal offense, they're unlikely to change their ruling on that matter and reinstate driving privileges. (Normally these long term suspensions are automatic with the conviction and/or are applied by the judge or in plea bargaining).

If you are a Colorado resident and denied a license in Colorado, you can have a hearing and it's possible to get a license even if you're suspended in another state. However, again, if it's a long term suspension due to a criminal offense, they are unlikely to second guess another state's decision.
Joseph and other California Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you