LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.
15277592

WHAT IS THE LAW REGARDING DRIVE TIME FOR LANDSCAPE MAINTENANCE

Customer Question

WHAT IS THE LAW REGARDING DRIVE TIME FOR LANDSCAPE MAINTENANCE EMPLOYEES TO THE FIRST JOB SITE AND FROM THE LAST JOB SITE HOME FOR LABORS IN THE TRUCK WHO ARE NOT DRIVING?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 years ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Are the non-driving employees going back to the owner's office or place of residence where they left their transportation, or are they take home by the driver?

Doug

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

THEY ARE BEING TAKEN BACK TO THE OFFICE WHERE THEY LEFT THERE TRANSPORTATION.

Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 years ago.

Good afternoon,

Thanks for the additional information.

When employees are transported from the main office to their jobs in an employer's vehicle, they are to be paid from the time they depart the office until they are returned at the end of the workday---just as though they were working from the time they arrived at the office.

Here is an article about this situation:

http://www.joesayaslaw.com/docs/should-employees-be-paid-for-commute-time.html

If you have additional questions, you may reply back to me using the Reply to Expert link.

Please also keep in mind that, even though you have already paid your deposit money over to JustAnswer, until you rate me highly for my service, I will not be paid for having assisted you with your questions.

I wish you the best in your future.

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 years ago.
Good evening,

I wanted to thank you for using JustAnswer, and to inquire whether my answer to you was helpful to your understanding of the law, as regards your question.

Is there anything else that I can assist you with, please feel free to ask. If you do not require further legal information at this time, please feel free to bookmark my profile so you can request me when you do have another question. Here is a link to my profile: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-lawtalk/

Thank you very much and take care.

Doug