How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joseph Your Own Question
Joseph, Lawyer
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 5299
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Joseph is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mom got injured at work. She started working for a staffing

Customer Question

My mom got injured at work. She started working for a staffing agency(primeskill staffing) and on her her first day she got hurt ,possibly dislocating a disc. MRI is scheduled for next week. She's hurting right now and can barely sleep from the pain. The staffing agency offer her a job working in the office for now. My question is should she take the offer ? Will that affect her if she is indeed hurt and unable to work in the long run.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service.

I need a bit more information before I can assist you.

Can you tell me if your mom has received a doctor's note that she would be okay to do office work?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

She has a doctor note restricting her from lifting 2 pound no bending or twisting. On the note also it states she's able to return to work with restrictions. This was the doctor that the company sent her to.

Expert:  Joseph replied 4 years ago.
No, that wouldn't negatively affect her ability to claim permanent disability if it turns out she is unable to work at all.

Not lifting two pounds is definitely a high restriction, so I'd only hope that she not possibly re-aggravate the injury while working.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Reason she got hurt was because they were doing construction in the factory, there was a hole in the ground that she didn't see n fell Into it. Is she able to hire an attorney and sue???

Expert:  Joseph replied 4 years ago.
Hello Jose,

Yes, she should find a workers' compensation attorney and file a workers' compensation claim against her employer. Even though the employer was obviously negligent here, since it occurred during employment, it's covered by workers' compensation.