How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 37855
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

California Workers Comp

This answer was rated:

How long does it take for a California worker's comp "compromise and release" lump sum to be paid?


Labor Code 5000-5106, Title 8 10870-10882, Labor Code 4650 (d) and 5184, Labor Code 4650 (b)

I'm Fran, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I'll wait. Thanks.

Hi Jim,

I'll search for a legal professional for you. Thanks for your patience.

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Are you represented by an attorney?
2. Has the Work Comp Board approved the C&R yet?


Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Doug. The C&R was granted in 2011. The man who got the award is saying he is still waiting for his money. He is telling my mother-in-law he will pay her the 10,000.00 she gave him when he gets this money. We believe he has received and spent this money long ago.

Good morning,

And, I would say that you are 100% correct in your belief in the situation.

It is unfortunate, but it sounds as if this man is lying to your mother in law. The average time between the C&R being approved by the WCAB, and the payment to the worker being processed and received by them, is 2 to 4 weeks.

Now would be the time that your mother in law needs to get a lawsuit on file for breach of contract.

You may reply back to me again, using the Reply to Expert link, if you have additional questions.

I wish you the best in your future,



LawTalk, Attorney
Satisfied Customers: 37855
Experience: I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.
LawTalk and other California Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you

Thank you for your positive rating of my service. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope than you will ask for me on JustAnswer should a future need ever arise.

Please feel free to bookmark the following link so you can request me to answer any future legal questions you may have:

Thanks again.


When you receive your Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, please do rate me highly (9-10) there as well. It would be tremendously appreciated.