How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joseph Your Own Question
Joseph, Lawyer
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 5299
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Joseph is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

California Workers Comp.; PD Award after Trial then DEU. I

This answer was rated:

California Worker’s Comp.; PD Award after Trial then DEU.
I was told that after the 12 days at DEU; and the case is returned to the Judge; he has 90 days to issue his order. What DWC procedure or Labor Code provides for the 90 days?

Hello Michael, My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.


A Workers' Compensation Judge must decide any cause before him or her within 90 days, including issuing an order after the case is returned to the judge.


This is covered by California Labor Code Section 123.5, which penalizes a judge by not paying his salary if he or she keeps a cause pending for longer than 90 days.


Here is California Labor Code Section 123.5(a) for your reference:


123.5. (a) A workers' compensation administrative law judge may not receive his or her salary as a workers' compensation administrative law judge while any cause before the workers' compensation administrative law judge remains pending and undetermined for 90 days after it has been submitted for decision. I hope the above information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any follow up or clarifying questions. Thanks and best of luck!

Joseph and other California Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you
Hello Michael,

Hello ,

Thank you for your positive rating of my service, Michael!

It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope than you will ask for me on JustAnswer should you have future legal questions.

Please request me directly by placing “to Joseph” at the beginning of your question and/or requesting me directly in California Employment Law.

When you receive your Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, please do rate me highly (9-10) there as well. It benefits my ability to assist you and other customers, and would be tremendously appreciated.

Thanks again and best of luck,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Will Do!

Thank you!

Again, happy to help and best of luck!