California Employment Law

Have California Employment Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer.

California Employment Law

in texas, can you sue your current employer. its a pension

in texas, can you sue...
in texas, can you sue your current employer. it's a pension thing

Thanks

7/25/2013
Brandon, Esq.

Employment-LawExpert :

Hello and thank you for your question today

Employment-LawExpert :

Are you online with me?

Employment-LawExpert :

Welcome to the chat

Employment-LawExpert :

The short answer to your question is you can always sue your current employer.

Customer:

yes

Employment-LawExpert :

However, whether or not you are going to win is completely dependent on 1) if you have a cause of action, and 2) if you have damages

Employment-LawExpert :

Would you like to tell me more about what you mean by "a transfer would not affect anything but now they say no"?

Customer:

I am going to end up losing a lot of pension dollars

Customer:

I transferred to an affiliate and was told it would not affect anything with the benefits, now they say no

Employment-LawExpert :

If you were lied to as to the effect, you would have both a fraud and a misrepresentation claim.

Employment-LawExpert :

If false statements of fact were made to you, you should definitely get an employment attorney in your area involved.

If you decide to hire an attorney a great resource is www.Martindale.com. This is a nationwide directory that is useful in finding highly qualified legal specialists in various fields of law. The lawyers in Martindale are not selected because they paid to be included, but rather because they have been rated by other attorneys as qualified experts in their field. Consider consulting with two or three different attorneys willing to take your case prior to selecting the one you feel most comfortable with.

Customer:

They tell me I was told that by HR mngr and Operations mngr but corporate never knew I left, so I'm screwed

Employment-LawExpert :

People who are liable often tell you you do not have a case.

Employment-LawExpert :

Were you given documentation that clearly laid out the difference that you did not read?

Customer:

Thamk you, How about Provost- Umprhrey L aw firm in Beaumont Tx?

Employment-LawExpert :

are you asking if I think they are a good law firm?

Customer:

No,I was not

Customer:

Yes

Employment-LawExpert :

Unfortunately, it is against the terms of the site to definitely tell you anything about one attorney or another. I also cannot direct you to an exact attorney. All I can do is tell you that if you find them on Martindale, chances are you can't go wrong

Customer:

Thanks

Employment-LawExpert :

Not a problem. Does that fully answer your question today?

Customer:

yes

Employment-LawExpert :

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further. If you do not require any further assistance, I would be most grateful if you would remember to provide my service a positive rating, as this is the only way I will receive credit for assisting you.

Employment-LawExpert :

Have a wonderful rest of your day.

Customer:

thank you

Brandon, Esq.
Brandon, Esq.
Brandon, Esq.
Brandon, Esq., Lawyer