How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joseph Your Own Question
Joseph, Lawyer
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 5299
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Joseph is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need a lawyer who does pro bono work in the state of Ohio.

This answer was rated:

I need a lawyer who does pro bono work in the state of Ohio. I worked for pepsiCo for 18 yrs without incident and feel I was fired unjustly. I just found out more information about my case that I was fired to keep another employee from getting fired. I was fired unjustly.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm very sorry to hear about your situation and hope I can help.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service this evening.

Unfortunately, JustAnswer experts cannot make any attorney referrals due to the rules of the site (and the rules of the bar), but I'd be happy to answer any questions that you have.

Can you tell me what you were terminated for and why you believe you were fired unjustly?

Do you believe it has anything to do with discrimination based on a protected characteristic (such as race, gender, national origin, ethnicity, sex, etc.)?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I think my grievance was traded for another employee and proper channels weren't taken and they fired me and not him. I've been there 18 yrs with a clean record and I didn't even get proper representation.

Hello Steve,

If you weren't getting proper representation from your union then you and can and should file an unfair labor practices complaint against your union for failing to represent you in accord with their obligations.

You can do so by contacting your local Regional Office of the National Labor Relations Board, which you can find online here:

The National Labor Relations Board will investigate your charge and will represent you in proceedings against your union if it finds sufficient evidence to substantiate an unfair labor practices charge.

You can find additional information regarding unfair labor practices claims here:

Do you have any reason to believe that your co-workers was treated differently then you due to any protected characteristic or was it for some other reason?
Joseph and other California Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

He lied about seeing an accident that didn't happen and I found out today from a supervisor that he said he never saw any accident. He went along with another supervisor that doesn't like me to save his job because it was in jeopardy.

Well if he entirely fabricated an accident and your role in it, you would also have a good case for defamation against him.

Other than that, unfortunately if you weren't treated differently due to discrimination but just personal dislike, you're pretty limited to the NLRB investigative charge and the defamation cause of action against your co-worker.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Even if the supervisor lied and falsified documentation to get me fired? This is a complicated case but I assure you that a lot of underhanded things were done from my union representatives to the supervisor. My record has been spotless for 18 years. I do have proof of everything that happened but my union allowed them to fire me anyways. I just wanted some help from an attorney in my state of Ohio.

Unfortunately, there really aren't pro bono attorneys who take on wrongful termination cases like these. (Pro bono attorneys are normally lawyers from big firms that represent management, so they cannot take on cases representing employees). You may be able to find one who'll take your case on commission, but you have to go through the NLRB first.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Will this information go to my email address so I have something to reference to incase I forget or do I just come back here? Do you have any links that would be helpful for me?

Hello Steve,

I listed some links above for you. The ones you need to file your charge with the NLRB. Your other question is one for customer service. I have no idea what information (if any) is sent to your email address.

Please remember to rate my answer positively so I get credit for my work!

Thanks and have a great weekend!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks and I appreciate you for your time and information. You have a great weekend as well. I will be sure to rate.

Thanks Steve!

Happy to help and best of luck!
Hello Steve,

I hope the above information is helpful!

If you don't have any further questions or need any additional information, please remember to rate my answer positively so I get credit for my work.

If you don't rate my answer, the website recoups your entire deposit and I get nothing for assisting you. Trust me when I tell you I need the money WAY more than they do, so I would greatly appreciate if you accept my answer!

Thanks and best of luck!

Related California Employment Law Questions