LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.
15277592

H1B:In CA, can employers charge employee for the H1B processing

Customer Question

H1B:

In CA, can employers charge employee for the H1B processing fee?
If my charged me H1b fee, what should i do? How bad it could be for the employer legally if sued?

I worked with a client in CA when being employee of a IT consulting company(based in TX).

After the project got finished with the client, they stopped me paying and then laid me off after couple of months. Later my H1b was also cancelled.

Can i ask for my salary for the period between project finished and my company cancelled my H1B?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 4 years ago.

I'm Wendy, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Tax, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,
Wendy
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Still need assistance with this.

Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.

Thank you. We will continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 4 years ago.
Hello again,

We are still working with the professionals to find you the best possible match. I wanted to touch base to see if you still needed a professional’s assistance.

Please let me know if you would like to continue to wait or if you would like to cancel your question at this time. We sincerely XXXXX XXXXX the extended wait time.

Thank you,
Wendy
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

cancel this pls...