How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joseph Your Own Question
Joseph, Lawyer
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 5299
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Joseph is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Retired from the post office in 2006 on disability retirement

This answer was rated:

Retired from the post office in 2006 on disability retirement and was recieving 1,450.00 per month. Now i just recived a notice from the post office saying i have been over paid since my retirement started. The post office is demanding to be reimbused 60,000. and cut my retirement from 1450.00 a month to 668.00 a month. Do i have any recourse or legal ability to fight this.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.


I'm sorry to hear about your situation and hope I can help.


Other than them giving you less money, do you have a separate basis to disagree with their findings. For instance, have you done your own calculations or estimates and believe you are entitled to receive $1450 a month.


Did they state why they believe you've been overpaid?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

They say my annuity had to be lowered due to me also recieving social security and as far as calculating this on my own i have no idea how they calculate this. If possible give me a call @ XXX-XXX-XXXX. Thank You. And know they will be dropping me down to 300.00 a month.

Unfortunately, JustAnswer experts cannot contact you outside of the rules of the site.


Also, unfortunately, pensions are typically reduced in accord with the amount of social security that you are receiving, so it's highly unlikely that you would have a legitimate basis for an appeal, as long as the adjustment is being calculated correctly.


How much are you receiving in social security benefits?

Joseph and other California Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you