How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joseph Your Own Question
Joseph, Lawyer
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 5299
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Joseph is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A fellow teacher was in talking to an administrator

This answer was rated:

A fellow teacher was in talking to an administrator, when the administrator got angry she grabbed the teacher by both arms and pushed her towards the door of the office. Still holding on to both arms, she then shoved the teacher out of the office, yelling at her. The teacher nearly fell down. Should the teacher seek an Employment Lawyer first? or is this a civil case?



I assume you meant 'or is this a 'criminal' case, since an employment lawyer wouldn't be involved in a criminal case. The two aren't mutually exclusive.


You can and should file a police report against the administrator for assault and battery.


Additionally, you can consult with a personal injury attorney and/or an employment attorney about suing for assault and battery.


I would suggest that you hire an attorney on a contingency basis, so you only have to compensate the attorney if you receive a settlement or a verdict in your favor.

Joseph and other California Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you

Hello John,


Please remember to rate my answer positively so I get credit for my work.


Or please ask me any follow up questions you have here!


Thanks again and best of luck!

Related California Employment Law Questions