How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Patrick, Esq. Your Own Question
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 12479
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Patrick, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife has had errors in her pay check for the past three

This answer was rated:

My wife has had errors in her pay check for the past three pay periods. They have not paid her tips correctly nor have they paid her correctly for the hours she had worked. She brought this to their attention as soon as she was paid and still nothing has been done.
Hello and thank you for entrusting me to answer your question. I am very sorry to hear about your wife's difficulty in getting paid.

Her best recourse would likely be to file a wage claim with the Department of Labor Stanfards Enforcement. The "DLSE," as they are commonly known, will investigate your wife's employer and issue a judgment for outstanding wages in the amount determined to be owed. If the DLSE finds that your wife's employer's failure to pay was willful, the DLSE may also issue fines.

California law prohibits employers from retaliating against employees for making wage claims, so any effort of your wife's employer to terminate her, demote her, or reduce her pay will give rise to a separate cause of action for compensatory damages.

To file a wage claim with the DLSE, visit this link:

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you.

Very best wishes to you and thank you so much for coming to Just Answer.
Patrick, Esq. and other California Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related California Employment Law Questions