How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joseph Your Own Question
Joseph, Lawyer
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 5299
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Joseph is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi--I have a severance package from my employer. It is recommended

This answer was rated:

Hi--I have a severance package from my employer. It is recommended that I get an attorney to look over. I am a resident of NV but currently have been down in CA. Any suggestions? Marie Hawthorn

Hello Marie, and welcome to JustAnswer.


I'm sorry to hear about your situation and hope I can help.


Whether or not I'd suggest that an attorney look it over would depend on whether you think you have any claims against your employer (for discrimination or anything else) and what the terms and conditions of the settlement award are?


Unfortunately, JustAnswer experts cannot recommend attorneys due to the rules of the site, but I'd be happy to answer any questions that you have here.


Thanks and best of luck!

Joseph and other California Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you