How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Brandon, Esq. Your Own Question
Brandon, Esq.
Brandon, Esq., Lawyer
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 1953
Experience:  Has received a certificate of recognition from the California State Senate for his outstanding legal service.
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Brandon, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What is the procedure? Do I just ask and give the names;

This answer was rated:

What is the procedure? Do I just ask and give the names; or do I fill out a form?
There are official subpoena forms that you will need to fill out which you can get from the court clerk. (usually called Subpoena for Personal Appearance and Production of Documents) The clerk can walk you through what to do from there. You will usually receive three copies of the same request that must be filled out in exactly the same way.
Brandon, Esq. and other California Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you