How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joseph Your Own Question
Joseph, Lawyer
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 5299
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Joseph is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband works a security officer. The old place that he

This answer was rated:

My husband works a security officer. The old place that he worked at ended the contract with his boss, however the owners of the property had hired a property manager who didn't have the license for brokers or real estate. She works under the owners. She told several people, including my husband that he was intimidating, but said that he was not young anymore and hinted around that he was not able to do the job because of his age. Right before all of this went down, my husband told them he quit. One of the called my husband and asked him to do him a favor and stay. When he got back from vacation that he would take care of it.

Does he have a lawsuit?
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and hope I can help.

Could you please tell me your husband's age?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

My husband is 59

It definitely appears that your husband is being discriminated against on the basis of age in violation of the Fair Employment and Housing Act and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act.

I would definitely suggest that he file a complaint with the Department of Fair Employment and Housing for discrimination in violation of the Fair Employment and Housing Act.

He can file a complaint using the information available online here:

The Department of Fair Employment and Housing will invesitgate your complaint on your behalf and either file suit on your husband's behalf or issue him a right to sue letter so he can pursue his claim against his employer through a private attorney.
Joseph and other California Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you