John, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Exclusively practice labor and employment law.
71296933

Will a claim filed with the Dept State Labor for waiting

Customer Question

Will a claim filed with the Dept State Labor for waiting time penalties that went to the hearing and judgement phase show up in an employment background check. If it does will the transcript from the hearing be avilable with my permission for background check? I reside in CA

Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.
EmplmntLaw1 :

No this is not something that would show up in an employment background check. This type of information is not available to the public absent a specific Freedom of Information Act request. So unless you specifically notified the prospective employer of the charge, they would have no reason to even look for it.

EmplmntLaw1 :

If you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation – select the Reply to Expert or Continue Conversation button. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as it is the only way I am able to build my expert ranking. Thank you, ***** ***** wish you all the best with this matter.

Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.