How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Patrick, Esq. Your Own Question
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 12792
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Patrick, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need a labor, discrimination and EEOC lawyer. I live in the

Customer Question

I need a labor, discrimination and EEOC lawyer. I live in the Fairfield, California 94533 area. Please provide resources.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for entrusting me to answer your question. I am very sorry to hear about your discrimination complaint.

For attorney referrals, there are several good sources. Perhaps the most reputable is Martinedale allow you to search attorneys by practice area, and also provides an attorney rating based on peer recognition. See here for an explanation of the Martindale reating system:

Each county in California has a local bar association and each bar association also has a referral service, which may provide you with useful leads. See here for a link to the California bar website, which has links to the referral service for each county:

Finally, another good source for referrals is Avvo allows you to search attorneys not only by practice area and also by geographical location. Avvo also has a different system for rating the quality of attorneys, which is based on establishment within the profession and years of experience. Avvo also screens attorneys for prior discipline, which you may find useful as well.

You can check any California licensed attorney for past discipline by the state bar here:

You will want to focus your search on attorneys that handle employment law matters. When you contact the firms, be sure to let them know that you are a plainitff seeking representation, as some firms only do defense work.

I think that's about it. Please let me know if you have any other concerns regarding this matter and I will be happy to assist you further. I wish you the very best in puruing your claim

If you do not have any further concerns, I would be very grateful if you would give my answer a positive rating and click submit, as this is the only way I will receive credit for assisting you.

Finally, please bear in mind that none of the above constitutes legal advice nor is any attorney client relationship created between us.

Thank you and very kindest regards.