How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Patrick, Esq. Your Own Question
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 12941
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Patrick, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What happens if a file a wage claim and when but my previous

This answer was rated:

What happens if a file a wage claim and when but my previous employer doesn't pay me
Hello and thank you for entrusting me to answer your question. I am not sure I undersand exactly what you are asking. Would you mind explaining in more detail?

I very much look forward to assisting you regarding this matter.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

if the labor board finds my claim in favor of me do they make sure my previous employer pays me what is owed and if not what would my next step be

Thank you very much for clarifying your question.

The DLSE can enforce their awards (assuming no appeal has been lodged), but due to their very limited resources, typically do not. Fo this reason, an individual seeking to enforce a DLSE award against their employer would typically be better off pursuing the judgment without the DLSE's assistance.

The first step would be to apply to the Superior Court for a notice of entry of judgment so that all procedures available to collect on civil court judgments will be at your disposal. For an in depth summary of the options for collecting your judgment following its formal recording with the Superior Court, see here (start at page 22): http://ww

The other option would be to retain an attorney that specializes in the collection of judgments. These attorneys will pursue the matter on your behalf and take a cut from what you ultimately receive. However, given the complexity of debt collection procedures and the time it may take to collect your judgment, you may find that this is a fee worth paying.

I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX this information helps you and I wish you the best.

If you do not have any further concerns, I would be very grateful if you would give my answer a positive rating and click submit, as this is the only way I will receive credit for assisting you. If you have any additional concerns that you would like me to address, please feel free to let me know by hitting the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button and I will be more than happy to continue assisting you.

Finally, please bear in mind that none of the above constitutes legal advice nor is any attorney client relationship created between us.

Thank you and very kindest regards.
Patrick, Esq. and other California Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you