How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 1281
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I retired from a large HMO in March 30th of 2012. I had

Customer Question

i retired from a large HMO in March 30th of 2012. I had 30yrs of service. One yr prior to my retirement i was given a written statement that i would be credited for 18yrs of service and receive$374,000 in a lump sum should i chose to do so. Then 77 After i retire i receive another written statement telling me i would be recognized for 12yrs of service and only get $134,000 in a lump sum. I retired on the previous information i received the yr before. I hav written letters, faxed notes and get very little in the way of response. can y ou help me with this do i have a legal case. Basically i am being denied my retirement
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and hope I can help.

What question do you have regarding your situation?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no you did not answer my question. i need to rephrase it . Am i entitled to my 18yrs of pension money of $374,000 ?????Or do i just let it go and live in poverty on social security the rest of my life

Expert:  Joseph replied 4 years ago.
Have you accepted a lump sum payment for your retirement yet? Did the letter that stated that you would receive $374,000 state that you had a time limit for the amount to be applied?

Related California Employment Law Questions