How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joseph Your Own Question
Joseph, Lawyer
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 5299
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Joseph is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I filed with the Bar. I still have had no contact with the

This answer was rated:

I filed with the Bar. I still have had no contact with the attorneys at Lanahan Law Firm, don't even know where they moved to. How do I go about finding an attorney that would go after them for me, when I have nothing. I don't even have my files they have all of it.

Thank you


I'm sorry to hear about your situation and hope I can help.

What question do you have regarding your situation? Have you requested your files from the law firm?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I can't find them to ask for the files back. My question is how do I find another attorney to sue that attorney? Will attorneys do that?


Yes, there are attorneys who would represent you in a malpractice cause of action against the original attorney.

You can find one online here:

I would suggest that you only hire an attorney on a contingency basis, so you only have to compensate the attorney if you receive a settlement or verdict in your favor.

However, it may be more difficult to get an attorney interested in taking the case, assuming this is the law firm who represented you, since they apparently already have a big creditor going after them:

(An attorney may be less interested in taking a case on contingency, since even if he gets a settlement or verdict in your favor it would be difficult to collect from a lawfirm that is likely shut down and in a huge amount of debt).
Joseph and other California Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you