How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joseph Your Own Question
Joseph, Lawyer
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 5299
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Joseph is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been retaliated against for being part of a protected

This answer was rated:

I have been retaliated against for being part of a protected investigation, I have been treated unfairly and have been prevented from advancing and/or transferring to other positions within the institution. I need an attorney but don't know where to turn.
Which government agency is conducting the investigation?

NOTICE: My goal here is to entertain while educating the public about the law. I hope my answer is useful and informative to you. During our conversation, the website may ask you to rate my answer. If you rate my answer lower than the middle rating, then the website retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing. It is entirely your choice as to how you rate my answer. However, because your payment to me is in the nature of a donation/gift, rather than as compensation for any services rendered, you are entitled to know how your rating affects the final distribution of your donation.

If you need to contact me again, please put my user id at the beginning of your question ("To Socrateaser"), and the system will send me an alert. Please Click the following link for IMPORTANT LEGAL INFORMATION. Thanks and best wishes!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It is a community college, the harassment and discrimination compliance officer said they would have to get a privated agency to investigate. However, the next day the offender came to the classroom where I was teaching. It doesn't seem likely they would get outside agency to investigate. I don't know how proceed.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I'm having problems, I'm not sure if you received my last response?

I'm going to have to pass this question on to others. I have a client offline with an urgent issue that must be attended.

Please don't reply to this request -- it will delay getting a new contributor engaged in your question.

Best wishes.

Did you make a complaint regarding the harassment to your employer? What type of harassment has occurred?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Complaint was made to VP of HR, to my immediate supervisor, and to the harassment and discrimination compliance officer. Since my particiaption on a sexual harassment investigation by HR, where I and several other women were being sexually harassed. At the completion of the investigation, the offender was discharged of his employment duties. All the while he has his allies still at the place of employment. And one of his allies which happens to be my supervisor has retaliated and has treated me unfairly. He has not offered me a fair contract, I am on the seniority list, however, my contract is one of a new employee. He resently allowed the perpetrator back on the worksite disregarding my safety.

If you have been retaliated against due to your involvement in a sexualh harassment investigation, you should file a complaint with the Department of Fair Employment and Housing, since retaliation violates the Fair Employment and Housing Act.

You can file a complaint using the instructions available online here:

The Department of Fair Employment and Housing will investigate your complaint on your behalf and either file suit on your behalf or issue you a right to sue letter so you can pursue your claim against your employer through a private attorney.
Joseph, Lawyer
Satisfied Customers: 5299
Experience: Extensive experience representing employees and management
Joseph and other California Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you