How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joseph Your Own Question
Joseph, Lawyer
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 5299
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Joseph is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello, I asked this question a few minutes ago and after thinking

This answer was rated:

Hello, I asked this question a few minutes ago and after thinking about it I have returned. I am looking for an attorney familiar with CALSTRS disability. I teach elementary school and suffer from Cluster headaches and panic attacks. I was under stress the other day and thought I was getting a headache. I did not wind up having a headache, but I did go into panic mode. Two teachers took me to urgent care where I received some medicine. I then went to my General Physician and a neurologist. Thanks!
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and hope I can help.

What question do you have regarding your situation?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I would like to find an attorney that works in Southern California who is familiar with CALSTRS. The ones I found online seem to deal with SSI. I read on Handle on the Law that it's a good idea to consult with an attorney before proceeding. The CALSTRS website simply states that I need to contact them and speak with a representative. Do you know of an attorney for CALSTRS or will any disability attorney work? Thanks!

No, unfortunately, I cannot give specific reccomendations for attorneys due to the rules of the site, but I'd be happy to answer any question that you have.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Do you believe that it is in my best interest to meet with a CALSTRS Disability Representative before consulting with an attorney?

Yes, I think it's in your best interest to get started with the claim as soon as possible. Also, I don't see any harm with you speaking to a disability representative prior to consulting with an attorney.
Joseph and other California Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you