How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joseph Your Own Question
Joseph, Lawyer
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 5299
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Joseph is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In California Workers Comp.; can the panel from the Medical

This answer was rated:

In California Workers’ Comp.; can the panel from the Medical Unit be used for a different body part than the body part it was requested for?

The Defense could not get a 3rd panel for my body part; so they requested the correct type of Doctor, but for a different body part, and got it. Now they want me to go for the QME panel exam for the original body part. Can they do that?

Do you think that the QME is not qualified since it was initially requested for a different body part?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

No. He is Qualified.

Unfortunately, since he's qualified, there's nothing preventing the Defense from requesting that you use the orginal QME although it was requested for a different body part.
Joseph and other California Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you