How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Attorney
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 33167
Experience:  JD, 17 years experience & recognized by ABA for excellence in employment law.
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i need to know if i have to pay my worker that work for me

Customer Question

i need to know if i have to pay my worker that work for me lass then year the labor day.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Tina replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome,

I'm not clear as to what your question is for me. Please clarify it.

Thank you very much.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I am owner for a small company and i need to know wich hollyday i have to pay my workers by law.




Expert:  Tina replied 5 years ago.

Hello and welcome,

Neither federal nor state law typically require that employers pay employees for holidays if they do not work. Many employers do provide benefits such as paid vacation and paid holidays, but it is not required under the law.

Employees must normally be paid overtime for all hours in excess of 8 per day at a rate of time and one-half, so if an employee works on a holiday and it exceeds 8 hours for that day, then the employee must paid this rate for the excess hours, but employees who do not work on a holiday are not required to be paid normally.

It has been my pleasure to assist you. Please remember to press the smiley faces/stars on the right of your screen when we are finished with our communication so I will be credited for my time.

Kindly remember to ONLY rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate anything less than OK, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with whatever issue or clarification you may need. I will be happy to continue further and assist you until I am able to explain your concern to your satisfaction. Please also remember that I cannot control whether the law is favorable to you or not, so please don’t shoot the messenger.

Thank you very much and all the best to you,


Please feel free to bookmark the following link so you can request me to answer any future legal questions you may have:

Expert:  Tina replied 5 years ago.

Hello again,

I wanted to thank you for using JustAnswer, and to inquire whether my answer was helpful in clarifying your understanding of the law.

Is there anything else that I can assist you with? If not, would you please rate my service to you highly, so I will be compensated for my time? It is important that you provide me with a positive rating. If you do not, the site may keep your entire deposit and I receive nothing for having provided this service to you.

Also, please feel free to bookmark my profile if you have legal questions in the future using the following link:

Thank you very much and good luck to you.