How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joseph Your Own Question
Joseph, Lawyer
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 5299
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Joseph is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I Workers Comp.; Labor Code 4060 states: 4060. (a) This

This answer was rated:

I Workers Comp.; Labor Code 4060 states:

4060. (a) This section shall apply to disputes over the
compensability of any injury. This section shall not apply where
injury to any part or parts of the body is accepted as compensable by
the employer.

I completed the 4060-4068 QME panel process; and the body parts have been awarded with the medical.

Is body parts awarded after trial; the same status as accepted as compensable by the employer?

No, it is not. If the employer contests that body parts are acceptable, then the employer would believe that they are non-compensable and Section 4060 would cover the award after trial.

If the employer does not contest that body parts are acceptable, section 4060 would not govern, since there would not be any dispute about body parts being compensable or not.
Joseph and other California Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you