How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joseph Your Own Question
Joseph, Lawyer
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 5299
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Joseph is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Dear sir/mam I recieved a letter saying I violated Nursing

This answer was rated:

Dear sir/mam I recieved a letter saying I violated Nursing Practice Act 2762 I am I registered nurse who was driving a company vehicle I got into an accident I do have medical marijuana prescription so I gave a urine sample for other drugs in alcohol after the accident which of course showed up positive for thC I have medical records with a bad neck in a bad lower bac legally bought from a clinic tried everything including narcotics to help me sleep do to my bad sciatica add a few drops of tincture of thC at night only for sleep believe it or not helps me I don't feel like to Candidate for diversion and I would never do that on duty can you help me with an answer if I have perscription and medical records can they suspend my Rn license thanks
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and hope I can help.

Have you been charged with a DUI as a result of the accident?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No citation issued
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No citation issued
No, you should not be suspeneded or otherwise disciplined, since you do have your marijuana prescription card and are authorized to use marijuana for medicinal purposes.

You would only face possible discipline if you used marijuana in an unsafe manner that could endanger the lives of others, so you could be suspended if you are charged with a DUI as the result of the accident and testing positive for marijuana at the time the accident occured.
Joseph and other California Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Should I let them investigate, they are requesting diversion and I don't think necessary
I would suggest that you contact them to inform them that you have a medicinal marijuana card and that you only use the marijuana for your condition, and do not practice while you are 'under the influence' or marijuana.

Related California Employment Law Questions