How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask nyclawyer Your Own Question
nyclawyer, Attorney
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 56903
Experience:  Experienced lawyer helping employers and employees reach solutions and litigate disputes.
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
nyclawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i have delivered furniture to a customer. he gave me non cancelable

Customer Question

i have delivered furniture to a customer. he gave me non cancelable checks. now he bounced one check and made good and still owes $ 25,000 in post dated check and a $ 13,000 invoice. he is holding my $ 38,000. can i just go his hosue pick up my furniture ? do I need to file a police repoert, take police protection or i can only sue him for the above money?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  nyclawyer replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for the question. I am sorry to read of this dilemma.
You cannot repossess and the police likely won't assist. The recourse would be a civil lawsuit.