Joseph
Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management
54899578

Website Disclaimer question. We are a Drug Free Workplace

Website Disclaimer question.
We are a Drug Free Workplace CONSULTING firm. We have several Clients seeking help in dealing with EMPLOYMENT Drug & Alcohol related issues. We have the trainnig and experiance to offer our help, but what "Disclamer" should I post on my e-mail/website to ensure my help is NOT taken as "legal Avice".....can you draft something for me that protects ME & my Clients with CALIFORNIA???
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

Although I think it's unlikely that your clients would believe that you provide any legal services, including legal advice, you can use a disclaimer along the following lines:

"NAME OF COMPANY is not a law firm. None of the services that NAME OF COMPANY provides are legal services and none of the information provided by NAME OF COMPANY constitutes legal advice."
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Will This COVER ALL MY BASES:

DISCLAIMER: CAL-TEST suggestions or statements are not a substitute for the advice of an competent attorney. CAL-TEST's e-mail responces may not be secured communicaitons and your responses may are not be private or confidential. The Expert above is not your attorney, and the response above is not legal advice. You should not read the CAL-TEST response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles or practices that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles or practices to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles or practices, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. This site and services are provided "as is". This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to a qualified attorney.

Expert:  Joseph replied 4 years ago.
Yes, it would, however I suggest that you re-word it as I have done below:

CAL-TEST suggestions or statements are not a substitute for the advice of a competent attorney. CAL-TEST's e-mail responces may not be secured communicaitons and your responses may are not be private or confidential. CAL-TEST is not a law firm and none of our responses constitute legal advice. You should not read the CAL-TEST response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles or practices that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles or practices to particular circumstances should only be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles or practices, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. This site and services are provided "as is". This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to a qualified attorney.