How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask radamkirk Your Own Question
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 31768
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
radamkirk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to Subpoena my PTP-Doctor, ordering him to attend my

This answer was rated:

I want to Subpoena my PTP-Doctor, ordering him to attend my Workers’ Comp. Status Conference and to bring specific Medical Records. How do I do it?
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Personal Injury litigation attorney here to assist you.

You will have to issue a subpoena for the doctor to appear personally to testify, and you will have to issue a subpoena duces tecum for him to produce medical recoreds/documents that you seek.

The worker's compensation commission usually has a form subpoena and subpoena duces tecum that you can fill out and issue. Usually, the subpoenas must be served by a process server.

It is not likely that you can subpoena the doctor to a status conference because subpoenas can only be used to make someone appear for a deposition or to give testimony in a court proceeding. A status conference is not such a proceeding.

However, you can issue the subpoena duces tecum and require the records to be produced on or before the date of the status conference.

radamkirk and other California Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you