How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Attorney
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 33167
Experience:  JD, 17 years experience & recognized by ABA for excellence in employment law.
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I hired home care of me for my broken arm. She was "boned

This answer was rated:

I hired home care of me for my broken arm. She was "boned and insured" by the angency. She stlole my credit card and was detained by police? for fraud. I was still responsbile for the time she worked here and had to pay for it
Hello and welcome,

I am sorry to hear of your difficult situation.

What is your question for me please?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

What does "bonded and insured" mean?

Thanks for help. Elizabeth

I see.

Bonded means that fund are available through a bonding company to pay any claim you may have against losses you sustain as a result of the worker's conduct. If the employee used your credit card and you sustained losses as a result, then you should typically file a claim against the company for reimbursement.

Insured means that the company has insurance that will cover any injuries sustained by the employee while working on your property, so your homeowner's insurance would not be responsible to cover such damages.

Here is a link that provides more information on this:

Please remember to press the smiley faces/stars on the right of your screen when we are finished with our communication so I will be credited for my time. Kindly remember to ONLY rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate anything less than OK, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with whatever issue or clarification you may need. I will be happy to continue further and assist you until I am able to explain your concern to your satisfaction.

Thank you and all the best to you,


If you experience technical problems, please let me know or contact [email protected]

Tina and other California Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related California Employment Law Questions