How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joseph Your Own Question
Joseph, Lawyer
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 5299
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Joseph is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I wish to pay attorneys fees for a case that as dismissed

This answer was rated:

I wish to pay attorney's fees for a case that as dismissed following defendant's Special Motion to Strike pursuant to CCP 425.16 Anti-SLAPP. I want to establish a payment plan and present it to the judge before hearing scheduled 8/30/12. I need to know what paperwork I need to file with the court to respond to Memorandum of Points & Authorities in support of Motion for attorney's fees.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer

Has the motion for attorney's fees been gratned by the court? If not, you need to respond to the motion. I would suggest that you contact an attorney, because you are not normally oblgiated to pay attorney's fees even if you lose in a case, so you shouldn't resign yourself to having to pay attorney's fees merely because the case was dismissed.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What is the form I need to submit to the court called? Answer?
Yes, you would need to file an answer to the motion for attorney's fees, stating whether or not you oppose the motion and why you oppose it.

Joseph and other California Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you