How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joseph Your Own Question
Joseph, Lawyer
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 5299
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Joseph is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an employee who lives in Virginia but works in CA.

This answer was rated:

I have an employee who lives in Virginia but works in CA. Are we required to withhold CA state income taxes from his paycheck or at the VA tax rate table?

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.


Since the employee resides in Virginia, he would pay state income taxes in Virginia, so you should withhold his income taxes based on the Virginia tax rate table.

Joseph and other California Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you