How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joseph Your Own Question
Joseph, Lawyer
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 5299
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Joseph is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

if my current employer hasnt fullfilled a certain portion of

This answer was rated:

if my current employer hasnt fullfilled a certain portion of a verbal contract, employee. when he offerd employment, living quarters were provided, now he wana kick me out. can he
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

No, if a verbal contract is in place that the employer would provide living quarters, then evicting you from the living quarters would constitute a breach of the contract that you had with the employer.

If you were kicked out, you could file suit against the employer for 'wrgonful evicition,' or, you can defend yourself from the eviction by bringing up the verbal contract that you had with the employer.

That said, verbal contracts are very difficult to prove (since they come down to a 'he said, she said' type of scenario), so if you have any recordered evidence (such as vociemails or emails) that reference the contract they would substantially help your case.
Joseph and other California Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.



Thank you; best of luck! Please remember to rate my answer so I get credit for my work!

Related California Employment Law Questions