How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joseph Your Own Question
Joseph, Lawyer
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 5299
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Joseph is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

me and my wife are getting sued for an employment claim. They

Resolved Question:

me and my wife are getting sued for an employment claim. They named my company, myself and my wife. She has nothing to do with the case. She is not a member/owner of the company and she never even spoke to the plaintiff. how do I respond to the complaint?, can I file 1 answer/demur and answer for myself and demur for her in the same response so that we do not have to pay two sets of filing fee?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and hope I can help.

No, unfortunately, since your wife was named as a party to the suit, she would need to file her own separate demur to the complaint in order to have her removed as a party to the suit.

I wish I had better news to give you, but I hope you appreciate a direct and honest answer to your question.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What is the best strategic way to respond to the complaint? Could I respond via demur for both of us on one response or does it have to be separate responses? Could you outline what I should do, file answer for me and demur for her or file demur for both or an alternative.
Expert:  Joseph replied 5 years ago.
I would suggest that you file an answer to the complaint, denying the allegations made in the complaint, if you do plan on contesting the suit against you.

I would suggest that your wife file a separate demur, and request that she be removed as a party to the suit since she is not connected to the lawsuit.

Unfortunately, I cannot 'outline' what you shoud do, since that would constitute legal representation and not legal information, and violates the rules of the site.
Joseph and other California Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related California Employment Law Questions