Joseph
Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management
54899578

one more question I have is if I pay the owner of the vehicle

one more question I have is if I pay the owner of the vehicle a per mile rate and there ample monies for labor cost in that rate, and we give them a perminant run every day and no other supervision is given except to make the same run every day would that be considered independent contractors and not employees
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 5 years ago.
Yes, they would still be considered indpendent contractors in that situation.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
so as long as I pay them a good rate per mile and pay their fuel and once I give them a schedule to make these runs they are not considered employees
Expert:  Joseph replied 5 years ago.
Yes, they would not be considered employees, although it would be better if they were allowed to complete the runs on their own time (loosly scheduled per day) rather than having a strict schedule in place.