How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joseph Your Own Question
Joseph, Lawyer
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 5299
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Joseph is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im currently working over seas in Afghanistan as a civilian.

Resolved Question:

I'm currently working over seas in Afghanistan as a civilian. I am currently looking for a job, but desire to be done with this job over here. my job specifically requires deployment and to get out of deployment a new job with the company must be found. I will be ending my deployment in 4 months (2.5 years over seas) and want to know if I'll be able to collect unemployment in CA when I return, until I am able to find a job there?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

Yes, as a civilian employee employed overseas, you would be eligible to receive California unemployment benefits after you return from being deployed while you are looking for work in California.
Joseph and other California Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related California Employment Law Questions