Joseph
Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management
54899578

If you get a check for State Disability, will your Employer

If you get a check for State Disability, will your Employer know you get it? Will they know about it, and if so, will they know the exact amount?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

Your employer would be notified if you applied for and received state disability, however, your employer wouldn't know if you get a check from state disability and wouldn't be aware of the amount that you received from state disability.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
But these are 2 different things. You said, "applied for" and "received." Is this both? Or do they get informed as to WHEN or how much? I'm sorry but I am not clear on this. Is this specific info available to them somehow?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Expert:  Joseph replied 5 years ago.
Your employer would be notified when you applied for benefits and if you received benefits.

However, they wouldn't be informed as to when you received benefits and how much you received.