How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joseph Your Own Question
Joseph, Lawyer
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 5299
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Joseph is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a new supervisor after being in the same office for

Resolved Question:

I have a new supervisor after being in the same office for 13yrs(now14yrs). I was up for the promotion when my privous superisor of 13rys retired, but the Govnernor of Ca had a hiring freeze for promotions you coluld only lateral to the position meaning you had to be that classification. I am a Manger I and my superviser is a Manager III. We are a two office employee office and we do the exact same work. She does not have a different work reqirement than me. We are a satelite office from our main office. Everything required reports ect. are handled by the main office. We do the same work, but she gets paid more than I. She is intimidated that I do the job better and know how to doit better and am regonized for it. She berates me belittles me and constantly miro manages me. Before I had autonomy and work indepently. I am now scurtnzes almost on a dalily bases.
Becasue of my classification with the State of CA I am consider an exempt employee. I not represented by a union like the rank and file. I did join the Managers Association, but they don't get involved unless an advers action takes place. I just was threat to have an
adver action taken agaist me if my behaivor on a paticular situation does't stop. I am fighting the what called corrective memo since it is inacurrate. I've tried to go to my main boss, but she's turned me back to my supervisor. I only have my main boss to appeal to the it's the Director of my deparment. There is no a lot of chain of command for me to go thru. I feel my main boss favors my new supervisor over me. My main boss is also new they started about the same time. What recourses do I have. I done a lot of research and can't find any CA angency that assist in work place harrassmemt. Besides filing a law suit what can I do? And if I have to file a law suit to protect myself what kind of lawyer do I retain? Thank you for any assistance or advies you can provide. i have documented all the harrassment.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and hope I can help.

Do you have reason to believe that the harassment is due to a protected characteristic (such as race, gender, religion, national origin, or ethnicity)?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No. I would have mentioned that. I'm very aware of that type of discrimination. This is a person intemidated that by me because she superviesm me and I can do the job better and has more knowolge, like I already mention. If she can make me go away she can hire somone with less knowlege look better and mold this person to her way to make it seem she the one doing the good job!
Expert:  Joseph replied 5 years ago.
Unfortunately, there's no specific cause of action for the harassment that you're experiencing.

However, if the supervisor is making false statements about you, you would have a cause of action against her for defamation.

You should hire a personal injury attorney to help pursue a defamation case.

You can find one online here:
Joseph and other California Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you