How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joseph Your Own Question
Joseph, Lawyer
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 5299
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Joseph is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello My name is XXXXX XXXXX I have been out of work for a month

Customer Question

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I have been out of work for a month because of my employer making a medical decision for me and prevented me from returning to work.
Please call me so I could explain in detail and steps that I have taken from the beginning of this case until now.
You can reach me at XXXXXXXXXX
Your advices and time appreciated,
Mike Z
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  dannyo600 replied 5 years ago.
Did your employer send you to the doctors? Or was this something you initiated? Please provide some details so that I may better assist you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
My employer sent me to their doctors.
Expert:  Joseph replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and hope I cna help.

What question do you have regarding your situation?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Could I file lawsuits toward my former company?
Expert:  Joseph replied 5 years ago.
Yes, if you were discriminated against on the basis of your disability, or a perception that you had a disability, then you can file a complaint against your employer with the Fair Employment and Housing Commission for discrimination in violation of the Fair Employment and Housing Act.

You can file a complaint using the instructions available online here:

The Department of Fair Employment and Housing will investigate the complaint on your behalf and file suit on your behalf or issue you a right to sue letter so you can pursue your claim against your employer through a private attorney.
Joseph, Lawyer
Satisfied Customers: 5299
Experience: Extensive experience representing employees and management
Joseph and other California Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I prefer to answer your questions in confidential matter from this point on.
Thanks for your assistance.
Expert:  Joseph replied 5 years ago.
Thank you; best of luck.