How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joseph Your Own Question
Joseph, Lawyer
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 5299
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Joseph is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am declared 34% whole body impairment from a QME. MY retirement

Customer Question

I am declared 34% whole body impairment from a QME. MY retirement is through Cal Pers, my case has been turned over to their lawyers. I am being told that I need a lawyer. I am confused. If I need one, It will have to be on winning the case before I can pay. How do I do this. It was caused by a exhaust leak in my school bus.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and hope I can help.

If you hire a workers' compensation attorney, you won't be obligated to pay the attorney unless you recover a settlement or a verdict in your favor.

Due to that reason, you should hire a workers' compensation attorney to assist you in your case.

You can hire one online through the website here: