How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joseph Your Own Question
Joseph, Lawyer
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 5299
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Joseph is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been with a company for 18 years they are going through

Resolved Question:

I have been with a company for 18 years they are going through managment changes and seem to be looking for ways get people to leave by reviewing there work and finding things worng. I have a pension plan that the company paid into. I did not contribuit to the plan, if I get fired/laid off would I be able to get unployment if I did not pay into this plan? I live in California if that makes any difference.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

Yes, if you are laid off, or terminated through no fault of your own, you would be eligible to receive unemployment benefits regardless of whether or not you contributed to the pension plan.
Joseph and other California Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you