How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Attorney
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 33167
Experience:  JD, 17 years experience & recognized by ABA for excellence in employment law.
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex got fired after 13 yrs she went on uneployment taco

This answer was rated:

my ex got fired after 13 yrs she went on uneployment taco fought it and my ex won how do's she get the fired of her record ?
Lawyer Lori :

Do you mean how does she get it off of her personnel record at the company? I'm assuming that what she won was her appeal of the unemployment denial - is that right?

JACUSTOMER-jxfm5o38- :

yes your correct

Lawyer Lori :

Truthfully, I am not sure if she can get this off her personnel record. On future applications, common sense (at least to an attorney) says that she needs to list this as 'laid-off' but note that the company claimed that you were fired to avoid paying unemployment.

Lawyer Lori :

I'm going to OPT OUT and open this to other employment experts to get their take, so hang on and someone should be with you soon.

JACUSTOMER-jxfm5o38- :

thank you

JACUSTOMER-jxfm5o38- :

i will wait for a email thank you

Hello and welcome,

The only way to compel the employer to modify your ex's termination status normally would be through a court order by seeking a declaratory judgment.

If she retains an attorney, they could communicate a demand to the employer or litigation will follow, or seek to have the employer enter into a confidentiality agreement whereby information related to her employment will not be released to third parties.

I hope you found my answer helpful, even if the law is not in your favor; please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous. Thank you.

Tina, Attorney
Satisfied Customers: 33167
Experience: JD, 17 years experience & recognized by ABA for excellence in employment law.
Tina and 2 other California Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you