How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joseph Your Own Question
Joseph, Lawyer
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 5299
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Joseph is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been named in a child protective services complaint

Resolved Question:

I have been named in a child protective services complaint slightly over a month ago. Is there any way I can seek speedy attention to that claim?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  DUSLaw replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for allowing us to assist you with this problem.

In what state were you named?

Are you the parent of the child?

Is there a court action pending?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
My screen went black did you get my earlier transmission?
Expert:  DUSLaw replied 5 years ago.
No. I am still awaiting the necessary information to answer your question.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Sorry about that. I was explaining, I am in California. I am a Licensed
Educational Psychologist and independent contractor for Leadership Public Schools based in San Jose, CA. I was testing a 14 year old 5 month girl. In the context of the student suggesting that she was being bullied by some students and not wanting to work with her special education teachers, I said to her, What do you plan to do sit on my lap and laughed rather loudly. It was a rhetorical question, not an invitation. I meant to say that she could not sit idlely by, she should go to the Dean of the school and report the bullying and she should word with her sp. educ. teachers. The next day Feb 2 (2012), I was informed by my employer that the young lady had gone to the Dean and said that I had asked her to sit on my lap. I was suspended from working further with any other students.


Since Feb 2, I have not been contacted by anyone from Child Protective Services. I am not aware of any pending court action.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I should have added that when I was notified on Feb. 2nd of my suspension from further duties, I was notified that the Dean had phoned in the complaint on the basis of twhat the young lady had said.


My question is what recourse do I have? As long as CPS does not ask me for a statement or resolves what their decision is, I can't work. Can I ask to make a statement or request to be questioned in a speedy manner.

Expert:  DUSLaw replied 5 years ago.
This is more of an Employment Law question and not Family Law. I will ask to have your question posted in the correct section.

Do not respond to this post because that will delay someone from assisting you.
Expert:  Joseph replied 5 years ago.

Other than calling Child Protective Services and requesting to make a statement, there is no other way to get a speedy resolution to the claim for employment purposes.

Unfortunately, as a state agency, Child Protective Services is understaffed, and it may take months prior to them completing investigation into a claim of child endangerment.

Joseph, Lawyer
Satisfied Customers: 5299
Experience: Extensive experience representing employees and management
Joseph and other California Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you