Joseph
Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management
54899578

I worked for a employer who had me doing two jobs and i was

I worked for a employer who had me doing two jobs and i was only paid for 1.I was also a salaried employee and had worked a large mumber of overtime hours and never received any compensation for them.this employer never specified if I was exempt or non exempt status.Iam in the state of California and would like to know if I have a claim.I took another job and was not fired so that is not an issue.I also was vested in the pension plan and had signed the paperwork in October of 2011 and was told that the plan has been put on (freeze status) due to the owner of this company terminating the company who administered the plan.I lefe employ in July of 2011.Do I have any claims and am I able of collect on my pension under Federal Law ????
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and hope I can help.

Unfortunately, unless you were told that you would be compensated for the other job, you wouldn't have a claim against your employer for having to do two jobs and only being paid for one.

However, if you were incorrectly classified as an exempt employee, you can file a wage claim against the employer for unpaid overtime, plus meal and rest breaks if you did not receive them.

You can file a claim with the Department of Labor using the forms available online here:

http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/HowToFileWageCLaim.htm

You can file it with the nearest office of the Department of Labor Standards Enforcement, which you can find here:

http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/DistrictOffices.htm

You could also sue the employer for breach of contract for denying you the pension that had been vested.