California Employment Law

Have California employment law questions? Ask a lawyer.

I am a 50 year old female with 18 years of service with Bank…

Customer Question
I am a 50 year...
I am a 50 year old female with 18 years of service with Bank of America making 6 figures annually. Never any issues. Q4 2011, manager tells me "we are tired of paying these big salaries" and "no one at the Bank likes you". 2/25/2012, I am on job probabtion for these reasons; poor presentation skills (which I need to correct by taking sales training classes at my own expense), overall lack of focus and deficient product knowledge. I have also been told that I don't dress professionally and I am not prepared when I meet with clients. On 2/23/2012 I completed a contract negotiation of one of my largest clients and my male manager told me to give the deal to one of my male co-workers who will receive credit for the sale although I am the procurring cause. No explanation, he just decided to reassign the client. I have been doing the same job for 23 years. I am a Commercial Sales Vice President working with Fortune(NNN) NNN-NNNNcompanies. Suddenly since 12/27/2011, I am a problem employee. I can go on and on with the hostile environment they are creating for me. All of a sudden I'm a problem employee. What do I do????? I have never been fired from a job or been on job warning but now I've been told I will be on this probation indefinately.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: California Employment Law
2/27/2012
California Employment Lawyer: LawTalk, Attorney replied 6 years ago
LawTalk, Attorney
Good morning,

I'm sorry to hear of your dilemma.

Do you believe that you are being singled out sand discriminated against based on your Ethnicity, Color, Religion, National Origin, Age, Sex or Disability?

Doug