How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joseph Your Own Question
Joseph, Lawyer
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 5299
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Joseph is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was written up for bad judgement last year for a very manual

Customer Question

I was written up for bad judgement last year for a very manual IT process that i was in charge of that had an issues during the running of some of the steps. This is a quarterly process that I had asked for support to make less viotale but was told no. (have inch supporting documents)My new boss asked me if I felt it was directed at me or just someone to blame. Then the gentleman who took over for me had similar issue but was not written up and now he informed me he has support to resolve. He also said our department boss mad comment to him that i got in a lot of trouble for this. Why was I written up, my security treatened and it will be a part of my review this year but he was not? There is more history that I think is a part of different treatment that started before my fmla leave to now.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and hope I can help.

If you were discriminated against on the basis of using FMLA leave or due to a protected characteristic (such as race, gender, national origin, ethnicity, or sex) you can file a complaint against your emloyer with the EEOC for discriminating agianst you for using FMLA leave.

You can file a complaint against your employer using the instructions available here:

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
This answer is just reiteration of my data with link. Not really looking at the information. No not satisfied and want deposit back.
Expert:  Joseph replied 5 years ago.
Please let me know what additional information you would like to give you a satisfactory answer.

I informed you that you do have the basis for a complaint and could file it with the EEOC.

If you aren't satisfied with the answer, please contact customer service to request a refund of your deposit.