How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask arcadierm Your Own Question
arcadierm, Lawyer
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 1106
Experience:  Board Certified Employment Lawyer
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
arcadierm is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a question about unused sick days. I am a 38 year old

This answer was rated:

I have a question about unused sick days. I am a 38 year old public school employee who has accumulated 160 unused sick days. Due to home circumstances, I will be permanently leaving my position and am not sure if I will ever work again. Do I completely lose my sick days, or will I be entitled to receive some kind of compensation when I'm 65? I would like to add that I will be receiving a pension.

Board Certified Attorney : You loose your sick days but not vacation days or pto days.
Board Certified Attorney : Also, if you are in a union, your collective bargaining agreement may state otherwise... but its unlikely
arcadierm and other California Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you