How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Attorney
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 33167
Experience:  JD, 17 years experience & recognized by ABA for excellence in employment law.
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My company has liquidated as of Dec 31 , 2011.The company said

Resolved Question:

My company has liquidated as of Dec 31 , 2011.The company said that they would pay all the employees all that was owed them.I have received 65% of what was owed me.Now they are not returning e-mails or calls.I have heard similar stories from other employees.What is our recourse? Thank You
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Tina replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome,

The affected employees should typically file a complaint with the state labor board seeking collection of the wages owed.

If the company has filed for formal dissolution, then you would normally need to file a claim with the court where that suit is pending, by contacting the clerk of the court.

If you are not sure whether a formal dissolution has been filed, then it is best to retain a local attorney or paralegal to search court records for you.

Otherwise, the labor board would normally be your best course of action.

Here is a link to their site and your best first step:

I hope you found my answer helpful, even if the law is not in your favor; please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous. Thank you.

Tina and other California Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related California Employment Law Questions