How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Patrick, Esq. Your Own Question
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 12922
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Patrick, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband was a union member of the Automobile Salesmens

Customer Question

My husband was a union member of the Automobile Salesmen's Union Local 1095 for ten years. His employer paid into the pensin fund for him for thoseten years. We have been told the union is now defunct. Where are hte pension funds and can he collect?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 5 years ago.

LegalPro54 :

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to answer your question. Do you know the name of the pension fund he was contributing to? If not, do you have any of his payroll records that would indicate where the contribution went?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, it was Automobile Salesmen's Union Local 1095 Pension Fund. I believe they were connected somehow to United Food & Commercial Workers Union, possibly also connected to AFL/CIO. My husband worked in Hayward, California. The money had to go somewhere and should have been protected unless it was used fraudulently by administrators of the pension.
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for the additional information. I must opt out of this question in favor of other attorneys. Please do not respond to me as it will delay a response from someone else.