How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask socrateaser Your Own Question
socrateaser, Lawyer
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 38879
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
socrateaser is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was in management for 7 years, never receiving and kind of

Resolved Question:

I was in management for 7 years, never receiving and kind of bad review, growing the company as needed. Great staff working with me. I was told the company was downsizing, but they liked me and wanted to keep me on as a salesperson. They brought someone in to run my office and paid him twice as much as me. (He was telling all my old employees). They continued to put more money into the branch. I am not sure how they were downsizing. They put me into a sales position, with no support. In fact, I did not have a phone in my office for 4 months. I have asked for support but seems that I am speaking to walls. When I email the management for support they ignore my emails. I believe that the just keep me in the position so I will quit, and then they don't have to worry about lawsuits or unemployment benifits. I am a woman, and have many things like, pay difference among the same level of managers, going to conventions and other managers wanting to go to "booby bars". I have even had Vice Presidents refer to enjoying my large boobs in a text message. They have placed me in a work condition, working with a convicted rapest, however it was never disclosed. I found this on craigs list. I feel very trapped and not sure what to do. In this economy I really need the income. My income was cut to a 1/3 of what I make. Do I look a sueing, or just quiting. I feel like every choice is bad.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 5 years ago.
How long ago was it that your job was officially changed (date that you started new job)?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
In May 2011
Expert:  socrateaser replied 5 years ago.
You seem to be stating a claim which could fall within the scope of either age or sex discrimination. If you are age 40 or older and you were replaced by a much younger person, or you are female and you were repalced by a male, then you could have a viable claim.

To file a complaint with the Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH), see this link.

You can also hire a private employment rights attorney to assist you -- these cases frequently end up in court, at least long enough to demonstrate to the employer that you are not bluffing. But, every case starts with the DFEH complaint. For an employment rights lawyer referral, see thisl link.

Hope this helps.

NOTICE: My goal here is to educate others about the law. I am always available to answer your follow-up questions after you click Accept – however, if you do not click Accept, the website gets paid, and I receive nothing. This is true, even if you are on a subscription plan. So please click Accept, so that I will be able to continue to provide this service for others in the future.

And, if you need to contact me again, please put my user id on the title line of your question (“To Socrateaser”), and the system will send me an alert. Thanks!

socrateaser and other California Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related California Employment Law Questions